Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ramble Story

What is the world to people? I know my world. People might say its small, but it's really not. If people opened their eyes more they would understand the reality. I might not have seen the whole world, but I have seen some things that changes naive minds. In my own world I live in between two. In the middle. Why do I speak of this? Well I will explain in this ramble...a little story to be shared.


I remember at a florists I used to work at not long ago. I had been working there for three years. There was a young homeless couple and their friends. They had been evicted from their home (not to sure exactly, but they had to leave). The woman whom I got to know over time was pregnant the first time I met her. She would come by every so often and use our restroom. With her was a sign which she used when she stood at the freeway exit just hoping to receive money from people who got off. She was not crazy, she was not unstable. The woman was nice. It was sad how she was the only one who stood with the sign, while her boyfriend (or fiance, not sure) drank a bit with his friends. On my way home from work one night I decided to give her a few bucks. Once I handed it to her she hugged me. It shocked me, but I said nothing and accepted it. It took me a while to understand why she hugged me and was happy for the bit of money. One day she came by and told me she had her child, but had given it up for adoption, which was the best decision. After a certain time we did not see each as much. Suddenly I began seeing them more. I even talked to them a bit more. In a strange manner a 'friendship' developed. When I spoke to her again she told me she was with child again. I even got to see the picture of their first child. After I quit my work I saw them around a few more times and exchanged words with them once or twice, but I have not seen them for a few months. Now I hope for the best.

Why did I tell this story? I am not too certain...it could be because I want to teach a lesson. Or I just wanted to let out this ramble. Whatever you may think the reason is, I hope you enjoy this simple read.

No comments:

Post a Comment